Thread: Update regarding drinking & smoking in policy

PolicyWala NewBie

Default Update regarding drinking & smoking in policy

Three years back I had take a term insurance policy from Max New york. At that time I haven't update regarding drinking & smoking as I think I smoke occasionally at that time. Now should I need to update regarding smoking & drinking in that policy. Now I smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes per day. And drink occasionally. Should this also affect my premium? And this is mandatory to declare.

Administrator

You need to give correct answers to all the questions mentioned in the proposal form. If you have not provided at that time you can do it now.
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

Administrator
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_gupta View Post
    Three years back I had take a term insurance policy from Max New york. At that time I haven't update regarding drinking & smoking as I think I smoke occasionally at that time. Now should I need to update regarding smoking & drinking in that policy. Now I smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes per day. And drink occasionally. Should this also affect my premium? And this is mandatory to declare.
    If at the time of taking the policy you were not smoking or drinking and started lately then no need to provide any detail. Otherwise you had provided wrong details at the time of proposal, which need updation.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

PolicyWala NewBie

Quote Originally Posted by Manish_Kumar View Post
    If at the time of taking the policy you were not smoking or drinking and started lately then no need to provide any detail. Otherwise you had provided wrong details at the time of proposal, which need updation.
    So it means i don't need to declare about smoking and drinking. Am i right?

Another question is that I am planning to take one new term policy from LIC. Agent told me that no need to declare about smoking and drinking if you smoke 2 or 3 cigrattess. So it is fine if I am not going to declare about smoking in form. Otherwise there might be possibility if my application reject.

Disclosure of Material Facts
    All material facts must be disclosed. Failure to do so could invalidate the policy. A material fact is one which is likely to influence an insurer in the assessment and acceptance of the application. If you are in any doubt as to whether a fact is material then it should be disclosed. If any changes in circumstances arise during the period of insurance cover please provide details.

At that time I haven't update regarding drinking & smoking as I think I smoke occasionally at that time.
    You have provided wrong info at the time of buying policy.

Now I smoke 2 to 3 cigarettes per day. And drink occasionally
    This post must have cleared your doubt -
    "If you are in any doubt as to whether a fact is material then it should be disclosed. If any changes in circumstances arise during the period of insurance cover please provide details."

Another question is that I am planning to take one new term policy from LIC. Agent told me that no need to declare about smoking and drinking if you smoke 2 or 3 cigrattess. So it is fine if I am not going to declare about smoking in form. Otherwise there might be possibility if my application reject.
    It's upto you to decide what you want to disclose on the proposal form. My personal opinion is always give right information if asked in the proposal form.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

PW Regular

Quote Originally Posted by gaurav_gupta View Post
    Why you want to submit wrong info?
    The main reason to buy life insurance is to cover yourself from future risks and get claim, which may be denied if you submit wrong info at the time of application.