Thread: Computer Repair Expenses Reimbursement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PolicyWala NewBie

Default Computer Repair Expenses Reimbursement

Hi everybody,

I was just going through Home Insurance product of Royal Sundaram. It also covers Home interiors like Computer, Refrigerator and other appliances.

The premium for base package is just Rs.1375/-.

I was contemplating buying it because it covers breakdown of Computer and other appliances.

I annually incur around Rs.2000/- towars Computer repair and this policy suits me very well.

Kindly, clarify the following queries.

1) If my computer stopped working and I give it for repair and the Shop charges me Rs.1000 as service charge and Rs.700 for replacement if LAN, then will the Insurance company provide reimbursement.

2) If my Washing machine is repaired and a bill is raised for Rs.800/-, will the Insurance company honour it.

Regards,

Vivek.

Administrator

Which home insurance product you are talking about. RSA has two as per their website - Home Shield Online and Home Content Online?
    But as per Home Content Insurance
    Exclusions - The Company shall not be liable in respect of :
    1- First Rs.1000/- for each and every claim
    2- Loss or damage due to defects in design, material or workmanship or otherwise for which the manufacturer or supplier of the insured items is responsible either by law or under contract or any amount recoverable under the terms of maintenance agreement.

So only Electrical and Mechanical breakdown is covered.
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by vvivek22 View Post
    1) If my computer stopped working and I give it for repair and the Shop charges me Rs.1000 as service charge and Rs.700 for replacement if LAN, then will the Insurance company provide reimbursement.
    Normal wear and tear is not covered. ONLY Electrical and Mechanical breakdown is covered. Any issue due to the software of PC is also not covered.

2) If my Washing machine is repaired and a bill is raised for Rs.800/-, will the Insurance company honour it.
    You need to inform the insurance company as soon as the Washing Machine stops working and need to repair as and when it's been surveyed.

Best part is first read the exclusions of the Home Insurance Policy, you are looking to buy.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

Banned

Yes, software issues like virus is not covered.

Banned

Yaah,

Expenses made on maintenance on any hardware is not covered.