Thread: Home Insurance for jewellery, gold ornaments, silver articles and precious stones?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question Home Insurance for jewellery, gold ornaments, silver articles and precious stones?

I am looking to cover my jewellery, gold ornaments, silver articles and precious stones kept in my home. Please guide me some good policy which cover the market value of the items. Means in case of loss, the claim would be paid on the value of purchasing a similar new item, minus depreciation

PolicyWala Newbie

Yes, this cover would be available under any home insurance product. Just choose reinstatement option for claims in proposal.

PolicyWala Newbie

Just to add - It's bit difficult for insurer to find out the exect cause of loss of gold ornament, so normally insurer won't provide this cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Amit Kaushik View Post
    I am looking to cover my jewellery, gold ornaments, silver articles and precious stones kept in my home. Please guide me some good policy which cover the market value of the items. Means in case of loss, the claim would be paid on the value of purchasing a similar new item, minus depreciation
    It's very hard to prove that theft happen for gold items (moral hazard), big item of silver like plate, glass etc can be covered that too after long term association with insurer.
    |Jargon Buster|Before you post, please read the FAQ and the sticky posts on the board you wish to use.|Blog|

Banned

If it is forced theft, the insurance will cover