Thread: Honda Activa claim from united india insurance

Default Honda Activa claim from united india insurance

My honda activa met with an accident with another vehicle.My scooter is 8 months old with comprehensive insurance.After informing the insurance company the surveyor from united insurance made an estimate of 26000 Rs.He asked for D/l , claim form , FIR(if any ). Since we both parties compromised and didn't filed any FIR But instead a DDR was prepared by the local police post in which it was mentioned that both parties came to mutual understanding and no one is blaming anyone, and no FIR has/or will be filed.

As per the demand i submitted DL , R.C , Claim form, story of accident and all that stuff.its been month now.My activa is ready and since its a cashless insurance i will only be required to pay the depreciation which i am happy to pay.But now the surveyor is asking me to write an affidavit stating that ' In case any further claim arise out of third party damage, i will compensate for the same.Insurance policy will not be responsible for that." My question is since i have already ' marked NA in the claim form under the section where it says ' ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIM' and also i have also submitted copy Of DDR ' which also serves as evidence that both parties have compromised without any legal action.

Why is the surveyor suddenly demanding for this affidavit. If this is the rule, I am happy to provide him the affidavit. But if he is doing just to harass me and intentionally delay the case and my payment then I want to know what should be my next step?

DDR (daily diary report) is an agreement entered into by the driver/owner and the injured persons/legal heirs of the deceased to avoid a criminal case. DDR cannot stop a person to lodge a case against the insurance company for third party claim.

i agree that DDR cannot stop them from lodging claim against my insurance company.the thing is my insurance company is demanding an affidavit from me stating that ' in case third party claims damage reimbursement from my insurance company , i will be responsible for all of that''. Now in the DDR it is clearly mentioned that we both parties dont want to go legal against each other. Obviously it does not protect my insurance company. My question is why Should i take guarantee that i will be responsible in case of any third party claim.?? Its between third party and insurance company. Its their responsibility to protect them. How can i take guarantee for third party. Neither am i interested in going legal against third party because i have compromised with them.

In the claim form there is a section which says any third party damage' i have checked it NA because i dont want any third party claim. If third party wants it from my insurance company who should i be responsible for that.? i have comprehensive insurance.

As per the first thread, you and the other party had mutually agreed that he won't lodge a third party claim. Neither surveyor nor your insurance company participated in this discussion, so they don't know what is agreed (they just know what you told them). As per the insurance policy, you need to inform the insurance company and will have to take all the decisions with their approval.

There are lots of fraud cases, where the other party later on went on and lodged a third party claim. So the insurance company is safe guarding itself. I would suggest talk to your surveyor and solve this matter.