Thread: Life Time Super Pension policy - How to get policy bonus and agent commission and what is its procedure?

Default Life Time Super Pension policy - How to get policy bonus and agent commission and what is its procedure?

I had taken Life Time Super Pension policy & I had withdrawal of it before 2 years. Then I got phone Through information from several Delhi iicicipru agent and said me that your bonus and your agent commission are left here in your policy and if you want to take it, you have to take one policy of 50% of your previous policy premium. Then I took this new policy of guaranteed savings insurance plan on 31/3/2012. Then the agent contacts me on 28/06/2012 and said me to take 25% of your previous policy premium.

Then I want to know the agent guide me proper way or only want my new policy from my side to gain his job target.
    My previous policy bonus and agent commission can I get it and what is its procedure.

via email @ purna dave

You are asking for rebate that also openly. Any type of rebate is banned by IRDA under section 41.

SECTION 41 OF THE INSURANCE ACT 1938 PROHIBITION OF REBATES

1) No person shall allow or offer to allow either directly or indirectly as an inducement to any person to take out or renew or continue an Insurance in respect of any kind of risk relating to lives or property in India any rebate of the whole or part of the commission payable or any rebate of the premium shown on the policy nor shall any person taking out or renewing or continuing the Policy accept any rebate except such rebate as may be allowed in accordance with the published prospectus or tables of the Insurer.

2) If any person fails to comply with the above regulation, he shall be liable to payment of a fine, which may extend to five hundred rupees.

Source - PW.com
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

So you are no more paying any premium, so why would they pay you the bonus, when the policy is not in force. Each policy is separate from other policy, I am sure that agents had made fool of your. Always take written document, if some one is claiming some thing ask them to give you in writing and verify that from the insurance company.

Sharing of commission is illegal, yes some agents are still doing that but always report it to insurance company or IRDA.