Thread: NSC certificates : Damaged by fire accident at home, how to get duplicate NSC?

Default NSC certificates : Damaged by fire accident at home, how to get duplicate NSC?

I had purchased NSC certificates in my name and due to a fire accident at home, do not have them with me anymore. However, I do have PARTLY BURNT CERTIFICATE. which reflect amounts AND CERT. Nos. with which the NSC certificates have been purchased. I understand there is a way to retrieve the duplicates from GPO in DELHI. Request you to advise the method to retrieve the duplicates.

PW Fan

Procedure of getting Duplicate National Saving Certificate (NSC)
    1- Details (NSC Number, Date of Issue and Name of holder) - Photocopy would help
    2- File a FIR at nearest police station, stating that you have lost the NSC certificates
    3- Police gives you a copy of FIR
    4- Go to a NOTARY PUBLIC, get an indemnity bond for issue of duplicate certificate. This will be on Rs 100 non judicial stamp paper.
    5- Go to the Post Office, get form NC 29 (also attached herewith), fill it up,
    6- Submit all the above documents FIR, Indemnity bond, photocopy of NSC and Form NC 29
    7- The post office will issue duplicate certificate.

Keep all the above photocopies with you.

Source - PW.com