Thread: What is the renewal procedure of my MF license?

Default What is the renewal procedure of my MF license?

I am ARN holder and my license expiry date is in August 2012. I want to know the renewal procedure for the same for the same.

You need to take NISM MFD Exam to renew the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankit_09 View Post
    I am ARN holder and my license expiry date is in August 2012. I want to know the renewal procedure for the same for the same.
    A candidate with a valid NISM/ AMFI certificate is required to complete the mandated 2 day NISM CPE Programme within a period of 12 months preceding the date of the expiry of the said certificate.

As per the revised CPE requirements, CPE Programme can be successfully completed by a candidate by either attending the relevant CPE Programme on 2 consecutive days or with a gap. However, both the days of CPE Programme must be completed during 12 months preceding the date of expiry of the certificate. Attending only 1 day of the relevant CPE Programme during 12 months preceding the date of expiry of the certificate shall not be considered as successful completion.

The CPE Programme for Mutual Fund Distributors as per the revised requirements will be available from June 1, 2012.

To provide a smooth transition, NISM will continue to offer the current CPE Programme till May 31, 2012. An associated person holding a certificate whose validity will lapse on or before November 30, 2012 may undergo the current programme till May 31, 2012. Such a person holding a valid certificate whose validity will lapse between June 1, 2012 and November 30, 2012, and who has not undergone the above programme, may attend the NISM MFD CPE as per the revised requirements from June 1, 2012 onwards, within the validity period of the said certificate.

An associated person holding a certificate whose validity will expire on or after December 1, 2012 must undergo the NISM MFD CPE as per the revised requirements from June 1, 2012 onwards.

If your certificate is expired?
    The certificate will be revalidated for a period of 3 years from the date of expiry of the existing certificate.

Source - NISM.ac.in