Thread: Whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company?

PolicyWala Newbie

Default Whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company?

I want to know whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company to claim the insurance amount covered under the policy.

Yes, you need to submit original bills.

PW Expert

Quote Originally Posted by SushantJindal View Post
    I want to know whether original hospital bills are compulsory required to be submitted with the insurance company to claim the insurance amount covered under the policy.
    If you have two health insurance policies covering the same risk, then you can claim from both the insurers. Submitting originals to one and photocopy to other. e.g. You have two health insurance policies - one for 2 lakhs and another topup insurance for 5 lakhs.

I have heard that some policies which also cover OPD charges, don't need original receipt.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

Yes, you've to submit originals to the insurance company for reimbursement.

I think you should make photocopy all the required documents.You can also asked the insurance companies if scanned copies are viable.

Yes, Documents that you need to submit, for a hospitalization reimbursement claim in original, are:
    * Hospital Discharge Card.
    * In-patient hospital bills signed by Insured to authenticate the amount.
    * Investigation Reports along with their bills.
    * Prescription of doctor along with their chemist bills.
    * Details of consumables & disposables used for medical & surgical procedures. (With their detailed break up)
    * Doctor’s consultation bills with consultation notes.
    * Photocopy of indoor case papers / operative notes.

All this need to be the original one

Banned

Hi, Yes in order to claim your insurance amount, it is a mandate to submit original hospital bills

I work in a health insurance firm and yes, you need to submit original bills.

Yes original bills which includes hospitalisation , diagnostic tests and discharge certificates need to be submitted to the insurance company for reiumbursement of claims.