Thread: IDBI Federal Wealthsurance Foundation Plan : want to withdraw the money and surrender the policy?

Default IDBI Federal Wealthsurance Foundation Plan : want to withdraw the money and surrender the policy?

Hello PolicyWala and to all people

I am Saba Akhtar and I hold a policy IDBI Federal Wealthsurance Foundation Plan.
    51 payment of Rs 1000 per month for this policy has been made and I have discontinued this policy.
    I want to withdraw the money and surrender the policy.

When I checked with IDBI Federal it seems I will be getting around Rs 45000. The value of fund is Rs 50641.91 but an amount of Rs 5400 (45% of initial payment i.e. 12000) will be deducted.

I am not sure now how can I get atleast the amount I have paid them Please suggest any way out.

It's due to the charges in the plan. Check with the - IDBI Federal Wealthsurance Foundation Plan Brochure
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi there are some options which I understood are wait for the term to be over for reduction in the amount that is going to be deducted.
    Second option is to wait for the unit price to rise and then withdraw the money.
    Is there any other option ...

If you surrender your policy, you will get following value as per your plan -

Name:  IDBI.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  101.9 KB

Also check tax provisions before surrender.