Thread: Can I claim the cost of dental Implantation surgery through Group Staff Mediclaim Policy?

Default Can I claim the cost of dental Implantation surgery through Group Staff Mediclaim Policy?

I am working as an Assistant Manager in PSU. Unfortunately, I met with an accident on 22/10/2012 and lost almost all teeth. Dentist suggested for teeth Implantation Surgery. Can I claim the cost of dental Implantation surgery through Group Staff Mediclaim Policy, which is with New India Assurance co, Ltd..

Please help me.

Sampat

1- Only Dental Surgery following an accident is covered under health insurance.
    2- Dental treatment or surgery unless it requires hospitalisation (24 Hours) is not covered.

Exclusions: Any dental treatment or surgery which is corrective, cosmetic or of aesthetic procedure,filling of cavity, root canal including wear and tear etc unless arising from disease or injury and which requires hospitalisation for treatment.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampat View Post
    I am working as an Assistant Manager in PSU. Unfortunately, I met with an accident on 22/10/2012 and lost almost all teeth. Dentist suggested for teeth Implantation Surgery. Can I claim the cost of dental Implantation surgery through Group Staff Mediclaim Policy, which is with New India Assurance co, Ltd..

Please help me.
    Sampat
    You need to fulfil, following conditions, for coverage of dental cover under group mediclaim -
    1- All types of Dental Treatments or Dental surgery are excluded except those arising out of accident.
    2- The accident should have damaged the teeth/tooth.
    3- Only those teeth/tooth which are damaged due to this accident are covered.