Thread: Starting Mutualfund

Default Starting Mutualfund

Guys

Am planning to start invest on MF , and am thinking of invest 6000 per month on different funds, but I do have some queries. [some will be very childish, since I am new to theses MF please bear with me]

1: Starting with do I need to create any D-mat account for investing in MF , if yes suggest me from where I should take.

2: I am planning to invest 6000 , in 4 different funds , 2k each on aggressive risky funds and 1k each on non risky funds.
    Please tell me whether my approach is correct, and please suggest some funds.

3: Is it OK to select all the funds from same firm eg : from SBI it self select all 4 funds?

4: My aim is to continue the investment for min 5 yrs , is it good time to create profit?

5: Is it good time for investment?

Thanks in Advance

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_moh View Post
    Guys

Am planning to start invest on MF , and am thinking of invest 6000 per month on different funds, but I do have some queries. [some will be very childish, since I am new to theses MF please bear with me]

1: Starting with do I need to create any D-mat account for investing in MF , if yes suggest me from where I should take.
    You can invest in MFs without a demat account.

2: I am planning to invest 6000 , in 4 different funds , 2k each on aggressive risky funds and 1k each on non risky funds.
    Please tell me whether my approach is correct, and please suggest some funds.
    More you diversify, it de-risk your portfolio.
    - Are you talking about equity and non equity? (what do you mean by aggressive risky funds?)

It depends on your risk appetite and your investment purpose or goal.

3: Is it OK to select all the funds from same firm eg : from SBI it self select all 4 funds?
    - But if all the funds your are investing in - are giving you consistent returns than what is the issue?

4: My aim is to continue the investment for min 5 yrs , is it good time to create profit?
    5 years a good time frame, but I would suggest you to go for 5-10 years for equity MFs. Keep reviewing your MFs portfolio after every two years.

5: Is it good time for investment?
    As answer to above query.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    More you diversify, it de-risk your portfolio.
    - Are you talking about equity and non equity? (what do you mean by aggressive risky funds?)
    am planning for 2 funds in equity and 2 in hybrid.
    i saw risk grade in value search and it shows for some funds good returns but risk is above average , those kind of funds.

my goal is after 5 years , getting some 25% profit on my investment. is it feasible?

in my mind i have these 4 funds
    1: hdfc top 200
    2: sbi magnum emerging
    3: Birla Sun Life Medium Term
    4: UTI SPrEAD

is it good selection?

--- Updated ---

Warning - Don't use extra punctuations.

I would go for following MFs in SIP mode -
    Short Term Investment (Min 5 Years) - HDFC Top 200, ICICI Prudential Focused Bluechip Equity Inst I, Quantum Long Term Equity
    Long Term Investment (Min 10 Years) - ICICI Prudential Discovery Inst I, IDFC Premier Equity, Reliance Equity Opportunities Inst
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert

Thanks for your inputs.

I have one more doubt in this am planning for these 4 funds
    HDFC Top 200
    SBI emerging
    IDFC Premier Equity
    UTI SPrEAD

But how to start all these, am having account in Citibank and SBI.

My 4 funds are with different firms, do I need to start account in all these banks?
    Can I transfer money from my account to SIP?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy_moh View Post
    Thanks for your inputs.

I have one more doubt in this am planning for these 4 funds
    HDFC Top 200
    SBI emerging
    IDFC Premier Equity
    UTI SPrEAD

But how to start all these, am having account in Citibank and SBI.

My 4 funds are with different firms, do I need to start account in all these banks?
    Can I transfer money from my account to SIP?
    No need to open an account with any bank, you can buy the mutual funds from the fund house or any broker.
    Check these threads to know more about MFs -
    1- How to invest in a scheme of a mutual fund?
    2- FAQ on Mutual Fund