Thread: Can I buy a health insurance plan for my parents; knowingly there are not living with me?

Question Can I buy a health insurance plan for my parents; knowingly there are not living with me?

I am 35 Year old and working in Delhi. My parents are living in our native village. My company is providing me a group corporate health plan - where I can also buy health cover for my parents. I have few queries -
    1- Can I buy a health plan for my parents; knowingly there are not living with me?
    2- Do they have to come to Delhi for any medical treatment?

Thanks a lot.
    Ankit

There is no such criteria, where all the persons covered under a policy has to live in same house or city. They can live any where in India and get treatment in the hospital covered by the policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ankit_09 View Post
    I am 35 Year old and working in Delhi. My parents are living in our native village. My company is providing me a group corporate health plan - where I can also buy health cover for my parents. I have few queries -
    1- Can I buy a health plan for my parents; knowingly there are not living with me?
    2- Do they have to come to Delhi for any medical treatment?

Thanks a lot.
    Ankit
    The policy, you get provides you coverage all over India. Ask/check company website for complete list of hospital's approved by them.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

You can certainly buy it.Just fill up your parents address properly.That's it.
    Thanks