Thread: Is bungee jumping covered in normal travel insurance policy?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Is bungee jumping covered in normal travel insurance policy?

I am planning a trip to Kathmandu, Nepal. This trip is giving me an opportunity to visit the best bungee jumping resort and enjoy the sport. I have checked the insurance plans of couple of insurance companies and none of them mentioned that bungee jumping is excluded but they had mentioned that sporting activity not covered in the product brochure.

Could you please help me out -
    1- If bungee jumping is covered in normal travel insurance policy?

2- If not please point me out to right insurance policy?

If you are not professional sportsman than you can buy the normal travel insurance policy.

Administrator

As per ICICI Lombard's Travel Insurance Policy Wording bungee jumping is hazardous activities -

Hazardous Activities” shall mean any sport or activity, which is potentially dangerous to the Insured Person whether he/she is trained, or not. Such sport/Activity includes Adventure racing, Base jumping, Blathlon, Big game hunting, Black water rafting, BMX Stunt/ Obstacle riding, Bobsleighing/ using Skeletons, Bouldering, Boxing, Canyoning, Caving/ Pot holing, Cave tubing, Climbing/ Trekking/ Walking over 4,000 meters, Cycle Racing, Cyclo cross, Drag racing, Endurance testing, Hang gliding, Harness racing, Hell Skiing, High diving (above 5 meters), Hunting, Ice Hockey, Ice speedway, Jousting, Judo, Karate, kendo, Luging, Manual Labour, Marathon running, Martial Arts, Micro – lighting, Modern pentathlon, Motor cycle racing, Motor rallying, Mountaineering/ Rock climbing, Parachuting, Paragliding/ Parapenting, Piloting aircraft, Polo, Powerlifting, Power boat racing, Quad biking, River boarding, River boardings, River bugging, Rodeo, Roller hockey, Rugby, Ski acrobatics, Ski doo Ski jumping, Ski racing, Sky diving, Small bore target shooting, Speed trials/ Time trials, Triathlon, Water Ski jumping, Weight Lifting, Wrestling and activities of similar nature.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________

THE ORIENTAL GENERAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED Travel Insurance policy wording -

1- No claim will be paid arising from the participation of the Insured Person in winter sports, mountaineering (where ropes or guides are customarily used), riding or driving in races or rallies, caving or potholing, hunting or equestrian, skin diving or other underwater activity, rafting or canoeing involving white water rapids, yachting or boating outside coastal waters (2miles),further no claim will be paide in case Inusured Person participates in professional sports or any other hazardous sports unless specifically covered as an extension of the policy.

2- Professional sports or any other hazardous or potentially dangerous sport for which the Insured Person is either untrained, not physically fit or using improper equipment.
    Last edited by Madhura; 19-01-2013 at 01:43 AM.
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

Administrator

Note - Both of the above wording specifically pointing out that bungee jumping is excluded.

I would suggest better call the customer care of the insurance company and check with them before buying any and be safe, also mention in the proposal form that you will also do bungee jumping.
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

Hello Rishi,

Hazardous Sports involving bodily contact such as mountaineering, skydiving, skiing, caving, riding in races, bungee jumping, parachuting, etc are excluded from the clauses of medical insurance for travelers. Some policies offer coverage for these hazardous sports, if an additional rider is bought by paying extra premium.

Hope this helps

Regards
    wasim