Thread: LIC's Jeevan Surabhi : how much the amount I can get at the time of surrender?

Question LIC's Jeevan Surabhi : how much the amount I can get at the time of surrender?

I have a LIC's Jeevan Surabhi policy. Details of my policy is - terms of policy 20 years. I have been paying quarterly premiums of Rs.38,000/- and already completed three years. Now I wish to surrender the above policy and I would like to know the surrender value and how much the amount I can get at the time of surrender?

Thanks.

Aansh

As per LICIndia website -
    Surrender Value :
    Buying a life insurance contract is a long-term commitment. However, surrender values are available under the plan on earlier termination of the contract.

Guaranteed Surrender Value :

The policy may be surrendered after it has been in force for 3 years or more. The guaranteed surrender value is 30% of the basic premiums paid excluding the first year’s premium in case no survival benefit payment has already fallen due. Where one or more survival benefits have fallen due, the guaranteed surrender value will be 30% of the premiums paid on or after the due date of payment of latest survival benefit.

Corporation’s policy on surrenders :
    In practice, the Corporation will pay a Special Surrender Value – which is either equal to or more than the Guaranteed Surrender Value. The benefit payable on surrender is the discounted value of the reduced claim amount that would be payable on death or at maturity. This value will depend on the number of premiums paid and the duration at which surrender value is calculated. In some circumstances, in case of early termination of the policy, the surrender value payable may be less than the total premium paid.

The Corporation reviews the surrender value under its plans from time to time depending on the economic environment, experience and other factors.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.