Thread: Car Insurance got expired 3 months back - Met an accident last day. Please Guide!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Car Insurance got expired 3 months back - Met an accident last day. Please Guide!!

Hello,

I had my car insurance with Ifco Tokio which got expired in June this year. I have been very punctual in insurance renewals, but this time I don't know how I forgot to get it renewed.

FYI, Car is 4 years old.

Unfortunately my car met an accident last day and the entire back side with partial front side is damaged now. As per my best estimation, it won't cost me less than 80K to get it repaired.

I wish.. I had paid for my renewal in time. But is there any other way to get afresh insurance now and get the damages be repaired by the insurance company?

As far as I know, all insurance companies send surveyors to take photographs of cars in case of fresh insurance policies and the concerned car's existing policy has been expired. Hence it seems like there is no luck for me!

Is there any insurance company in India that offers policies without inspecting the car where the car has expired insurance? Please guide.

Thanks
    r0cker

It is fraud getting backdated insurance. If you missed the renewal then pay the amount and repair it. And put a reminder for your insurance renewal for next year onward.