Thread: Car accident :- Total Loss of VW Vento Highline

Question Car accident :- Total Loss of VW Vento Highline

Hello Experts,

I have met with an accident on 28th Nov 2013 where I was dashed by Xylo car from LHS breaking my car's (VW vento) Gear box, wind shield etc. lucky I was escape unhurt.

I have the TATA AIG insurance with IDV of 7 lac as my car was in to its 3rd year, nearly one month after accident my dealer Shreekripa Auto Nashik had come up with the estimate of 11, 86,000/-declaring it as total loss.

The Insurance surveyor came for the second check as he wanted to see the car from bottom and dealer arranged for the crane and showed him the car and again raise the estimate cost by nearly 1 lac to total estimate cost to 13 lac. Dealer told me that I have to pay the 5% (nearly 70000/-) fee of total estimate and the fee of crane that they have arranged. Also told me to make sure that car is picked up from their work shop or they would charge the parking charges.

I am totally shocked !!

My question to you all is :-

1. Whether I have to pay the 5 % fee for the estimate and the crane as well as parking and do dealer has fixed percentage on total loss?

2. How dealer can come with the total estimate more than the cost of new car?

3. what should I do next ? how should I handle the insurance ?

Please answer it's urgent

Thanks for your advise gibl,

But I really want to know whether I will get the full IDV mention in my insurance policy which is of 0% depreciation.

Quote Originally Posted by foxyajay View Post
    1. Whether I have to pay the 5 % fee for the estimate and the crane as well as parking and do dealer has fixed percentage on total loss?
    THE PARKING CHARGES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE INSURED.

In all cases the Parking charges are not payable to the repairer if the claim settled fast or with the time limit, there is no need to
    pay, If the case is that the calim is not settled even for year or months together the fixed charges may not be accepted by the repairer. So negotiate as the case may be.

But 70,000/- are too much settle it for 10-15,000/- Max.

Crane charges you have to pay but you can claim the same from your insurer. please check your policy document.

2. How dealer can come with the total estimate more than the cost of new car?
    When the cost of repair is more than the cost of the car then it's called as Total Loss. Read more here

3. what should I do next ? how should I handle the insurance?
    Did not get the question?

United India Insurance is one of those car insurance providers that offers both liability and comprehensive coverage. Coverage of United India Motor Insurance Plans also encompass owner-driver in case of an accident.