Thread: Not able to pay LIC premium online more than one month in advance, Is there any rule change?

Question Not able to pay LIC premium online more than one month in advance, Is there any rule change?

I am not able to pay my LIC premium online more than one month in advance, Is there any rule change? Previously I used to pay and never faced any issue. As I need to submit premium reciept to my company for this years tax purpose by end of January.

Please help.

The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDA) has banned life insurance companies from accepting premium under linked as well as non-linked products for more than 30 days in advance to prevent money laundering.

Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), in a circular dated 12 April 2013, states that the premium due may be accepted 30 days before the due date of payment of premium. In case you have opted for monthly premium payment mode, you will now be allowed to pay only three months’ premium in advance on the date of commencement of the policy.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

But you can use ECS or LIC Nomura MF premium payment option -
    LIC has now come up with an arrangement with LIC Nomura MF to direct transfer of premiums from LICMF Savings Plus Fund, which is a debt fund and provides 6-7 % p.a. returns to the investors. The policyholder has to provide details of his/her policies in prescribed format and LICMF will transfer the said premiums on the due date to LIC. This facility is similar to ECS, where in the policy holder has to maintain balance in his bank a/c.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

You can use below methods for LIC premium payment:
    1- Premium payment can also be made through ATMs of Corporation Bank and UTI Bank.
    2- Premium payment can also be made through Electronic Clearing Service (ECS) which has been launched at Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Kolkata, New Delhi, Kanpur, Bangalore, Vijaywada, Patna, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Trivandrum, Ahmedabad, Pune, Goa, Nagpur, Secunderabad & Visakhapatnam.
    A policyholder having an account in any Bank which is a Member of the local Clearing House can opt for ECS debit to pay premiums. The policyholders wishing to use this system would have to fill up a Mandate Form available at our Branches/DO and get it certified by the Bank. The certified Mandate Forms are to be submitted to our BO/DO.
    3- Policy can be anywhere in India: Citibank Kiosks at Industrial Assurance Building, Churchgate, New India Building, Santacruz, Jeevan Shikha Building, Borivili are dedicated for collection of premiums through cheques.