Thread: Urgent: Required expert analysis of HDFC Life Super Income Plan, regarding Return of investment

Default Urgent: Required expert analysis of HDFC Life Super Income Plan, regarding Return of investment

Hi
    I have been suggested to invest in HDFC Life Super Income Plan by a friendly agent (who is our family friend ). As per his explanation, The plan is for 16 years. I need to pay premium of Rs.72,200 for first 8 years. From 9-15 years, I will get payout of Rs.50,000 every year and at the end of maturity (16th year) I might get a lump sum of amount with bonuses, totaling around Rs.15 Lakhs. I seriously doubt the agent’s illustration, as I gone through product brochure it clearly stats final maturity amount is my last payout+bonuses, which is too less and in total I will get only around 7.5 Lakhs (with rough assumptions of bonus rates.)

I need some expert advise with illustration on choosing this policy, if i can go ahead with this or not. The agent is behind me to push me into this I really don’t want to waste my investment amount , for 16 years with low return of investment. Kindly advise.

Just need an illustrative calculation, if some one can help

This is a low return plan, better invest in mutual fund not in an insurance plan and also buy term plan for insurance coverage.

Below screen grab explain all -

Name:  HDFC-Life.JPG
Views: 2274
Size:  62.2 KB

Source - HDFC Life
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.

Exclamation

1- What is your age?
    2- What is the sum insured?
    3- Could you please also post the illustration (which is mandatory by IRDA) provided by your agent?
    |Jargon Buster|Before you post, please read the FAQ and the sticky posts on the board you wish to use.|Blog|