Hi All,
I am a new member to this forum . Had an accidental damage to my Scorpio 2006 model with IDV of 2.56L purchased online from Bajaj Allianz. Car is towed to Mahindra Body Shop on 1st dec.
Mahindra body shop is charging 15k as estimate charges and 500 Rs per day parking charges. They told me the car shoul go in total loss and I should get the IDV from insurance company. They submitted estimate of 6L and Insurance company approved 2 L only.
I visited bodyshop again and had discussion how is it possible that Insurance approving only 2L, they prepaired the estimate again and its now 3.25 L. Its yet pending for approval by Insurance company. they also mentioned I can sell this in 70k in this condition while the market value was 3L before accident.

insurance company however denied the probability of total loss even if the estimate approved by surveyor exceeeds IDV. They mentioned vehicle can be covered under total loss only if insurance company share in repair estimate exceeds 75% of IDV.

At present I am clueless as what to do as they are only offering cash 80k if I decide to get my car repaired elsewhere and out of that amount I will need to settle bodyshop bill too.

timely suggestions from experts or from someone who had been in similar situation will be appreciated as it might help me in reducing my loss.