Thread: Pls. suggest a combination of base mediclaim & topup/ super topup policies.

Default Pls. suggest a combination of base mediclaim & topup/ super topup policies.

Last year I had a mediclaim cover if Rs. 200,000/- for myself (D.O.B.-20/08/1968) and my wife (D.O.B.-19/05/1972) and a cover of Rs.100,000 each for my son (D.O.B.-07/10/2003) and my daughter (D.O.B.-19/03/2009).

Of late mediclaim premium has become expensive and hence this year I would like to have a combination of a floater policy for my family and a top-up and a super top-up policies or Jeevan Arogya so that same cover can be maintained and the overall premium is also less.

Pls. suggest the best combination. If possible, pls suggest what should be the sum assured for base mediclaim and topup and supertopup policies. Pls. also suggest the best companies for topup and supertopup policies. I have heard that L & T supertopup policy is good.

Pls. also let me know the exact difference between a topup and a supertopup policy. Will supertopup policy also pay for first time hospitalization in a particular year if the deductible limit is crossed or is it that supertopup policy pays only for 2nd hospitalization.

Looking forward to a lot of responses and many thanks in advance for the same.

Regards
    Dr. Veerendra Darakh

Quote Originally Posted by Veerendra View Post
    Of late mediclaim premium has become expensive and hence this year I would like to have a combination of a floater policy for my family and a top-up and a super top-up policies or Jeevan Arogya so that same cover can be maintained and the overall premium is also less.

Pls. suggest the best combination. If possible, pls suggest what should be the sum assured for base mediclaim and topup and supertopup policies. Pls. also suggest the best companies for topup and supertopup policies. I have heard that L & T supertopup policy is good.
    If you have bad medical history, I would recommend go for individual health insurance policy. Otherwise go for family floater with minimum Rs. 5,00,000 sum insured. Always select plans with life long renewal option.

Pls. also let me know the exact difference between a topup and a supertopup policy. Will supertopup policy also pay for first time hospitalization in a particular year if the deductible limit is crossed or is it that supertopup policy pays only for 2nd hospitalization.
    The difference between Super Top-up and Top-up plans is on the coverage.
    1- Super Top-up covers most of the illness then the Top-up Plans.
    2- Top-up covers hospitalisations due to only one illness, but Super Top-up covers multiple hospitalisation for different ailments within the policy tenure.

For United India Insurance, the policies are available in top-up and super top-up varieties. In the former, the company covers hospitalisations due to only one illness. In the latter, the company covers multiple hospitalisation for different ailments within the policy tenure. Star Health just has one policy, which is similar to United India's top-up.

Source - PW One & Two

For your info There are different health insurance plans:
    1- Critical Illness
    2- Top Up and Super Top Up Health Insurance Plans
    3- Special Plans like Bajaj Allianz Surgical Protection Plan and Preventive Healthcare Plans
    4- Dibeties Cover and Cancer Plans (Some trust offer not by insurance cos)
    5- Individual Health Insurance Plans
    6- Family Floater Health Insurance Plans

Each plan is designed to cover a particular scenario, do your research and buy that plan which suits you.

I do not have any medical history. I have been taking individual health insurance for my family since many years. I did not take a floater policy. If I take a floater policy now will I be able to avail of no claim bonus etc.

From the responses mentioned above it seems that base mediclaim and supertpup policy is a good combination.

I would also like to have the opinion of the forum regarding JEEVAN AROGYA and how does it compare with the hospital cash back policy of Bajaj allianz.

Thanks in advance for all the responses.

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh

LIC Jeevan Arogya - Maximum Cover : Rs 4000
    Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash - Minimum Cover : Rs 2500

LIC Jeevan Arogya - Maximum annual benefit period : First Year 30 Days option; then 90 Days from Second year onwards
    Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash - Minimum Cover : 30 Days and 60 Days cover option

LIC Jeevan Arogya - TERM ASSURANCE RIDER Available
    Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash - No such Rider

LIC Jeevan Arogya - Lots of Exclusions (https://www.licindia.in/jeevan-arogya_features.html)
    Bajaj Allianz Hospital Cash - Less Exclusions (http://bajajallianz.com/Corp/health-...pital-cash.jsp)

I have not checked premium but both policies are partly good. I would personally go with Bajaj Allianz.

If I take a floater policy now will I be able to avail of no claim bonus etc.
    Yes, you can take no claim bonus in the new policy.

Please note that each policy has it's own T&C, so check the Policy T&C before making any decision.

Quote Originally Posted by >take View Post
    Yes, you can take no claim bonus in the new policy.

Please note that each policy has it's own T&C, so check the Policy T&C before making any decision.
    So if I am interpreting your statement correctly the cumulative bonus from my individual mediclaim policy for myself and my family can be transferred to the new floater policy that I intend to take for my family.

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh

So if I am interpreting your statement correctly the cumulative bonus from my individual mediclaim policy for myself and my family can be transferred to the new floater policy that I intend to take for my family.

Regards,

Veerendra Darakh
    Yes, with the caveat of T&C of new policy.