Thread: HDFC young star super ULIP : Reg fund switch in ULIP

Default HDFC young star super ULIP : Reg fund switch in ULIP

Hi,

I have invested in HDFC young star super ULIP for the sake of tax savings after started my career way back in May 2010. Now I have completed 5 years of yearly premium and still paying monthly premiums and would like to continue for entire duration of 15 years. As of now, 98.87 % invested in Growth Fund II and 1.13% invested in Balanced managed fund II. This fund allocation is done by agent. I didn’t aware of this fund allocation. Now I am thinking to switch the fund allocation. My yearly premium is 30000 and paying 2500 in monthly payments. I invested 1,55,000 till date and the fund value as of now is 1,89,600.

can you suggest me that shall I stay with this growth fund and balanced with this same percentage or I should allocate more % to balance fund? And which of these following funds would be medium risk with 50% risk and 50% money back assurance like Equity managed fund, Opportunities fund, Liquid fund, stable managed fund, secure managed fund etc.?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
    Venkat

I could not find the product details on the HDFC website because this product is closed and there are new products with simmilar names.

Checked online and it has given good Absolute Returns : 78.80%
    NAV as on 11-Oct-2011: Rs 8.38000 | NAV as on 06-Jul-2015: Rs 14.98510.

So I would stick with the plan.

As I don't have the product details, I can't say which fund is good. But you joined job in 2010 so you would be looking for long term investment than go with the Equity fund.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.