Thread: Best approach to Mediclaim needs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Best approach to Mediclaim needs

I recently diagnosed with breast cancer at age 35. I am utilizing insurance provided by the my Spouse' company. We will be exhausting basic and extended critical cover provided to us.

our requirements

1) cover for family of 4 ( 2+2) on continues basis, if my husband plan to leave company /start his own ..
    2) cover for current year as all available limit will get used
    3) Will ongoing Cancer medication will effect my premium?
    4) should we just take 1 + 2(child) mediclaim policy and wait for 4 years to include my self?

5) I have heard of top-up plan (not really interested in one time benefit payment critical illness cover), which ones are very competitive? If I want to rely on company provided plan + this one.

Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Jagrati View Post
    I recently diagnosed with breast cancer at age 35. I am utilizing insurance provided by the my Spouse' company. We will be exhausting basic and extended critical cover provided to us.

our requirements

1) cover for family of 4 ( 2+2) on continues basis, if my husband plan to leave company /start his own ..

2) cover for current year as all available limit will get used
    You can buy any health insurance plan but pre-existing disease won't be covered in it. Pre-existing disease will only be covered in group policies.

3) Will ongoing Cancer medication will effect my premium?
    Yes, in individual health insurance plan.

4) should we just take 1 + 2(child) mediclaim policy and wait for 4 years to include my self?
    4 year is a waiting period and that will start when you buy plan for yourself also. Plus if you won't buy health insurance for yourself, you are keeping yourself at risk and with out any coverage for other disease.

5) I have heard of top-up plan (not really interested in one time benefit payment critical illness cover), which ones are very competitive? If I want to rely on company provided plan + this one.

Thanks in advance
    Group Insurance Plans are always cheaper. But individual plan you can tailor made for your requirement and stay with you when you are leave the company.