Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No Claim Bonus

PolicyWala Newbie

Does the buyer of my old car have to buy a new unsurance or the same policy continues once I transfer NCB to my new car as I will sell my old car immediately after buying my new car?

PolicyWala Member

The same insurance without NCB benefit will continue & will be renewed suitably on due date.

PW Fan

Is they make and model of the car to be same to get NCB transfered to new car? Ex- I have old car Maruti and enjoying NCB of 45% and now I sell this car and buy a new car Honda City. Would the NCB is transfered to new Honda City car

PolicyWala Fan

Quote Originally Posted by VarunD View Post
    Is they make and model of the car to be same to get NCB transfered to new car? Ex- I have old car Maruti and enjoying NCB of 45% and now I sell this car and buy a new car Honda City. Would the NCB is transfered to new Honda City car
    Make and model has no impact on the NCB. It is given to the insured for good driving skills and claim free years.
    The road to success??.. Is always under construction.

PolicyWala NewBie

Thanks all for good info on NCB.

I have a query that if I would not buy new car immediately and postpone my new car purchase for some time (say 3 months) after selling my old vehicle.
    Would I be able to retain my NCB till the purchase of the new vehicle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mrinal View Post
    Thanks all for good info on NCB.

I have a query that if I would not buy new car immediately and postpone my new car purchase for some time (say 3 months) after selling my old vehicle.
    Would I be able to retain my NCB till the purchase of the new vehicle ?
    Yes you would be able to retain NCB till next 2 years from the date, you have sold your vehicle. Plus you would not have been bought any other vehicle.

PolicyWala Member

I want to change my insurance company. Do I need to send proof of my No Claims Discount to new company or they will take it from my old insurance company?

PolicyWala Expert Policy_expert's Avatar

As per my understanding its the duty of the new insurance company to check the NCB status with the old insurance company. But after privatisation, the pvt. companies normaly put this on to the proposer, to get the NCB letter from the previous insurance company.
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'

PolicyWala Newbie

Exclamation Struggling to get NCB discount

Hi Guys,
    Last month, I have renewed my Santro with TATA-AIG and they didn't give me NCB at the time of renewal. At that time, they told me that they will check NCB with my last insurer and refund me the extra amount if I would have the NCB (Old Insurer - New India). It's now almost three months, and I have called the branch and customer care of TATA-AIG, but still I am struggling to get the NCB refund. Pls guide me what should I do now?
    Regards,
    Imran

Write a letter to customer care of TATA-AIG. If they won't credit the discount. Get in touch with IRDA to take action against them.

Jaago Grahak Jaago.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.