Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: No Claim Bonus

Administrator

I agree with Expert here the claim till the point is accepted, should not have to affect the NCB. Insured may have lodged a claim for the coverage, which are not even covered under the policy. But above are my personal views and I have no proof for this.
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

PolicyWala Newbie

I was reading somewhere that if you claim only wind screen damage claim, you NCB would not be impacted with the claims. Means that it will be treated like you had not made any claim. Is it so?

Quote Originally Posted by Absar View Post
    I was reading somewhere that if you claim only wind screen damage claim, you NCB would not be impacted with the claims. Means that it will be treated like you had not made any claim. Is it so?
    Yes, you are right.

PolicyWala Fan

Default Start as fresh for NCB?

I have two cars - one Honda City (2007) and another one - Hyundai Santro (2005). Both the above cars are insured with ICICI Lombard. Honda City is covered with comprehensive cover and Hyundai Santro is third party cover, because it’s little old. Last year for Hyundai Santro, I had changed insurance cover from comprehensive to third party, at that time I was enjoying the 45% NCB. As I had moved to third party, insurance company not provided me the NCB. Now I have moved to new city and the risk is more so again I wanted to go for comprehensive cover for my Hyundai Santro, but insurer is saying that you will have to start as fresh for NCB. Is it so?

PW Expert

Quote Originally Posted by ReVoLuTiOn View Post
    I have two cars - one Honda City (2007) and another one - Hyundai Santro (2005). Both the above cars are insured with ICICI Lombard. Honda City is covered with comprehensive cover and Hyundai Santro is third party cover, because it’s little old. Last year for Hyundai Santro, I had changed insurance cover from comprehensive to third party, at that time I was enjoying the 45% NCB. As I had moved to third party, insurance company not provided me the NCB. Now I have moved to new city and the risk is more so again I wanted to go for comprehensive cover for my Hyundai Santro, but insurer is saying that you will have to start as fresh for NCB. Is it so?
    Your insurer is right!
    First, The NCB is transferred only when the car is insured within 90 Days from the date of buying/transferring the old car.
    Second, You would be able to retain NCB till next 2 years from the date, you have sold your vehicle. Plus you would not have been bought any other vehicle.
    In your case you had change the coverage to third party, in which case the NCB is not allowed, so you lost your earned NCB.

PolicyWala NewBie

I have recently bought a second hand car and I need to renew the car insurance policy. The previous owner has enjoyed the benefits of No claim for the past 5 years. However, When I am trying to renew the policy, I am not getting the benefits of No claim.

Please advice me on the same.

The NCB is for the owner/driver; it cannot be transferred. You need to build your NCB from scratch.

PolicyWala Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sonali View Post
    I have recently bought a second hand car and I need to renew the car insurance policy. The previous owner has enjoyed the benefits of No claim for the past 5 years. However, When I am trying to renew the policy, I am not getting the benefits of No claim.

Please advice me on the same.
    The NCB (No Claim Bonus) will not be transferred to the buyer of your old car, as it is available to the person/you and not the car.

Administrator

I was reading an article on the internet, came across a new term called Protected NCB.
    1- What is Protected NCB?
    2- Is it available in India?
    3- If yes, how?
    You will pick up maximum wrong numbers when on roaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Madhura View Post
    I was reading an article on the internet, came across a new term called Protected NCB.
    1- What is Protected NCB?
    Protected No Claims Bonus (PNCB) is an addition to a policy where protection is added to a customer’s No Claims Bonus to limit it being affected following an accident should they be found to be at fault. Customers can pay to protect it. This ensures that if they have an accident the NCB remains intact.

2- Is it available in India?
    3- If yes, how?
    It's not available in India. Normal practice in UK.