Thread: How to get Maternity cover

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default How to get Maternity cover

Hi I have group health insurance for me and my wife. In that insurance there is no cover for maternity. How can I avail the maternity cover. I have HDFC Ergo health insurance.

I am afraid that you need to buy a separate heath insurance policy to have maternity cover. For this you can check here.

Please note that their is waiting period involved for maternity cover.
    |Jargon Buster|Before you post, please read the FAQ and the sticky posts on the board you wish to use.|Blog|

Quote Originally Posted by chandra916 View Post
    Hi I have group health insurance for me and my wife. In that insurance there is no cover for maternity. How can I avail the maternity cover. I have HDFC Ergo health insurance.
    You have to avail a maternity Insurance for that ....Things to be noted before purchasing ...

• Maternity related hospitalisation – pre-hospitalisation expenses are covered up to 30 days prior to delivery and will also cover post-hospitalisation expenses up to 60 days
    • Delivery including Pre and post-natal expenses - Maternity insurance covers expenditure related to both caesarian and normal delivery, as well as post-delivery complications for the mother
    • Hospitalisation costs- This usually includes room charges, nurse and surgeon charges, anaesthetist consultation charges, medical practitioner fees, and emergency ambulance charges.
    • New Born Baby cover (Day 1-90) – Coverage is also extended to infants in case they are diagnosed with a congenital disorder or some critical illness.

There is a waiting period of anywhere between 2 to 4 years before one is eligible to claim a maternity related claim, with some policies extending this up to 6 years, though this of course varies across insurers. Thus, it is essential to buy maternity cover as early as possible, even if you have no plans of having a baby anytime soon.

Banned

Maternity cover:

Get online policy
    Lowest premium policy
    Free quotes leading insurance & Extra benifit