Thread: Transfer PPF account

PolicyWala Newbie

Please write an application and submit it alongwith your PPF passbook either in your existing branch or the branch where you want it to transfer.

PolicyWala NewBie

Question

My father's PPF account is in my home town. Now he lives with me. I wanted to transfer the account in my city post office. Do he need to go and submit the application for transfer or can I do on his behalf?

PolicyWala Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by abhinav.gupta88 View Post
    My father's PPF account is in my home town. Now he lives with me. I wanted to transfer the account in my city post office. Do he need to go and submit the application for transfer or can I do on his behalf?
    I am not too sure that authority letter would work here or not, please check with the post office, you want to transfer. Please update us the outcome also.

PolicyWala NewBie

I have checked with post master of my city post office and he is saying that the person, who wants to transfer his PPF account, would needs to be present in the post office. So just carry PPF account details like PPF passbook, ID proof and Application to transfer the PPF to new PO branch.