Thread: Life Insurance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Life Insurance

Wanted to get your thoughts on life insurance. Wife and I were discussing it the other day because wd got an offer for it from CIBC. At first glance it looks ok, fairly cheap and decent payout, but reading the fine print one realizes its absolute crap. Basically,if you don't die in your sleep of natural causes, no money is paid out.
    We would like to have something in place that, if something were to happen to one of us, the other would be fairly well taken care of. At least enough to cover the mortgage and other expenses, plus not having to work for a while. We are both still under 40, no health conditions, so hopefully this is all unnecessary but better to have it and not need it than vice versa.

Anybody here knowledgeable about this sort of thing and can steer me in the right direction? So much of insurance of all kinds seems designed to take your money, give you a sense of security and then weasel out of built in loopholes when its actually needed. I'd like to try to spend my money a little more wisely, if I can.

Read: How to choose an insurance plan

Based on the thread above and the limited info available, I would suggest go for Term Plan.

You can go for HDFC life term insurance, they take 6000 annually and provide 50 lac cover in case of death for family.