Thread: Buy Online Health Insurance

PolicyWala NewBie

Default Buy Online Health Insurance

Hi!

I am trying to get more opinions regarding websites that sell health insurance. So far, I found policybazaar.com, insurancemall.in and click2insure.in
    Has anybody bought from those places? any recommendations?

Thank you!

Hello Sonal,

I'm not techno savvy in buying policies online, and would prefer visiting an agent's office before deciding on purchasing coverage. I've experienced that the online quotes that you may receive after submitting all your details on the site are likely to differ when the actual paper is to get signed. This is mainly due to the fact that the underwriters while writing the policy personally take many other factors into account which the automatic system may miss out. Hence, just take some time out of your busy schedule and visit the nearest health agent in your area.

But I would say that please compare rates online and then go to agent with all the details.

PolicyWala Member

The advantage that online insurance sites offer is that you can compare the rates of the different plans available to suit your needs. However, I agree with Rohit that you should consult an agent/broker before purchasing the final plan.

Another concern with the online companies is their authenticity.

Purchasing online policies may require the same amount of paper work as buying the coverage from the agent. However, the sites have facilitated the search of coverage for the small business.

PolicyWala Newbie

The purpose of most those sites is to generate leads for insurance agents.

Hi All,

Today I have searched Policybazaar.com and checkout that its very good site to buy online insurance. But there are some points I want to bring here that -
    1. Any Broker or Agent is not independent while selling insurance to you because their interest of getting commission so same with policybazaar or any other site
    2. Their are certain terms like Medical Tests for older people which you cannot submit online and if you mailed them as an attachment still underwriting factor may increase the premium amount or your proposal may get rejected.

But I am not saying that you would not go. But go and searched out but before buying please consult your financial advisor.