Thread: Procedure to cover new accessories under old Insurance?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PolicyWala NewBie

Default Procedure to cover new accessories under old Insurance?

Around 5 months back, I have bought old Maruti car - 1998 Model. Now I have fitted new Airconditioner and a Sony - CD player in my vehicle.

1- Is insurance company can cover these accessories?
    2- If Yes than What is the procedure to cover these accessories?

3 -Do I need to buy new insurance policy to cover these accessories?

Yes. Insurance company would cover the above accessory. Please write a letter to the insurance company intimating about the inclusion or changes you have done in the car with the said accessories and also tell them their valuation.

On payment of additional premium, those accessories can be covered. And new andosmentwould be issued for they above changes.

Now your last question no need for new policy.

Please keep original bills of the above accessories for your future use.

Question

Do we need to pay the premium for the complete year? For example - suppose I have bought/fixed new accessories on 15th June'2009 (Insured period 15/01/2009 to 14/01/2010).

Quote Originally Posted by anish09 View Post
    Do we need to pay the premium for the complete year? For example - suppose I have bought/fixed new accessories on 15th June'2009 (Insured period 15/01/2009 to 14/01/2010).
    The amount payable usually paid as prorate. A pro rata premium is simply a proportional premium. This is typically a once-off premium, only covering the unusual time period.

Policy start date 15 June. Suppose - The annual premium for the policy is Rs 5000. The pro rata premium for June is calculated as follows:-
    5000 divided by 365(days in a year) and multiplied by 210 (remaining days in year [roughly]). The pro rata premium would be Rs 2876.71.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.