Thread: Vehicle met with an accident yesterday

PolicyWala NewBie

Question Vehicle met with an accident yesterday

I have Maruti - Wagon R. My above vehicle met with an accident yesterday. Actually I was parking it in my society area and banged it with the wall.

What shall I have to do to get the compensation from the insurance company? Please suggest.

It is suggested that the incident must immediately intimated to police authorities. In case of involvement of any TP property or injury etc. or theft of vehicle, intimation to police authorities is mandatory.

-Immediately insurance company is to be intimated. If it is a major damage, insurance company may desire to conduct a spot-survey. In such case vehicle should not be immediately removed from the spot. But this may not be the practice always. Wait for the Surveyor to come and inspect the Vehicle.

-keep a copy of R/C Book, D/L, Policy ready for verification of surveyor.

-Once the vehicle is brought to the garage, collect the estimate of repairs and submit the same to insurance company.

-Collect a claim form from the insurance company and resubmit the same after filling up the particulars therein.

-Only there after the vehicle is repaired with the consent of the insurance company / surveyor.

-After the vehicle is repaired:
    --Remove the vehicle from the garage
    --Keep the damaged parts in your custody / or submit the same to the insurance company.
    --Produce the bills to the insurance company.
    -- In case of hire purchase, submit their NOC to the insurance company for getting the claim amount in your favour.

-In case of theft of parts / vehicle, submit the non-traceable certificate / final police report to the insurance company .

Quote Originally Posted by Samrat View Post
    I have Maruti - Wagon R. My above vehicle met with an accident yesterday. Actually I was parking it in my society area and banged it with the wall.

What shall I have to do to get the compensation from the insurance company? Please suggest.
    Got info from one of the insurance book -
    • Take necessary steps to minimize the loss/damage.
    • In case of fire, inform fire brigade immediately.
    • In case of theft, larceny or burglary inform the police immediately along with a list of items stolen and their approximate value.
    • Inform insurance company by phone or fax and in writing.
    • Extend full co-operation to the surveyor appointed by the insurance Co. and provide necessary documents to the substantiate the loss. A claim form issued by the company is also to be submitted.
    • In case any rights of recovery exist against any other party responsible for the loss, your rights of recovery have to be subrogated to the insurance company on payment of claim.
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert