Thread: Lost LIC Policy

Default Lost LIC Policy

I have bought LIC - Jeevan Anand Policy in June-2008. I am paying regular premium of the above policy. But I have checked now I have lost the Policy Certificate, but I have all the policy premium reciept.
    Is there any possiblity to recieve the duplicate policy certificate? If yes. Please tell me the procedure.

Thanks a lot.

MoneyWise

To Obtain a Duplicate Policy in LIC -

1. Loss of Policy questionnaire,
    2. Where the Policy is due for maturity or survival benefit within 3 years and if the sum assured is more than Rs.25,000, an advertisement in a Local Daily newspaper having wide circulation is required,
    3. Indemnity Bond in Form No. 3756 duly stamped and executed by the policy holder on a stamp paper of appropriate value is to be submitted,
    4. If sum assured exceeds Rs. 50,000, declaration by a Surety having sound financial status acceptable to LIC in Form No. 3807 is required ,
    5. Duplicate Policy charges of Rs. 5,
    6. Stamp Duty charges at prevailing rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneywise View Post
    I have bought LIC - Jeevan Anand Policy in June-2008. I am paying regular premium of the above policy. But I have checked now I have lost the Policy Certificate, but I have all the policy premium reciept.
    Is there any possiblity to recieve the duplicate policy certificate? If yes. Please tell me the procedure.

Thanks a lot.
    MoneyWise
    Lost Policies in case of LIC
    In case the policy gets lost, destroyed or mutilated, then the policyholder must immediately procure a duplicate policy.

The need to have a duplicate policy also arises on the following occasions :
    1. At the time of receiving Maturity Amount or Death claim,
    2. To obtain Surrender Value/Loan,
    3. To obtain a Duplicate Policy in other cases.
    4. The procedure involved to obtain the duplicate Policy is as follows :
    5. At the time of receiving Maturity Amount or Death claim, the policyholder must duly fill in,
    6. Loss of Policy questionnaire,
    7. Indemnity Letter in Form No. 3815 A (unstamped) if the claim amount does not exceed Rs. 5,000 and a no Surety, must be submitted,
    8. Discharge Form,
    9. Form of Declaration of 'No Assignment',
    10. A declaration by Surety having sound financial status, acceptable to LIC in appropriate Form, if the claim amount exceeds Rs. 5,000.

To Obtain a Duplicate Policy in other cases
    1. The Policy Document should have been really lost,
    2. If Assigned or Mortgaged, the duplicate policy shall bear the latest Assignment that is in force as on the date of issue,
    3. Where the Policy is due for maturity or survival benefit within 3 years and if the sum assured is more than Rs.25,000, an advertisement in a Local Daily newspaper having wide circulation is required,
    4. Indemnity Bond in Form No. 3756 duly stamped and executed by the policy holder on a stamp paper of appropriate value is to be submitted,
    5. If sum assured exceeds Rs. 50,000, declaration by a Surety having sound financial status acceptable to LIC in Form No. 3807 is required ,
    6. Duplicate Policy charges of Rs. 5,
    7. Stamp Duty charges at prevailing rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Moneywise View Post

Thanks a lot.
    MoneyWise
    The Policy Document is an evidence of the contract between the Insurer and the Insured. Hence the policyholder should preserve the Policy Bond till the contracted amount under it is settled.
    Loss of the Policy Document should be immediately intimated to the Branch Office in writing, where it is serviced.