Thread: Does LOMA certification helps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    PolicyWala NewBie

Default Does LOMA certification helps

Hi guys,

I am new to this community. I want your advice. I am a Insurance Post Graduate from BIMTECH (Birla Institute of Management Technology) and currently working with a leading Life Insurance company in Sales. I wanna move into IT, So can you please suggest me for which of LOMA i should go for? And does LOMA certification helps?

I am already persuing associateship in life from I.I.I.

Please reply.

Romeo,

LOMA is certification is for US and Canada Life Insurance Professionals. So If you are planning to do some backoffice work for US and Canada Life insurance companies, LOMA would be benificial for you. For IT yes this is also good that you would know the life functional aspect of US and Canada Life Insurance companies. This will also enhance your CV for global recruiters.
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Romeo View Post
    Hi guys,

I am new to this community. I want your advice. I am a Insurance Post Graduate from BIMTECH (Birla Institute of Management Technology) and currently working with a leading Life Insurance company in Sales. I wanna move into IT, So can you please suggest me for which of LOMA i should go for? And does LOMA certification helps?

I am already persuing associateship in life from I.I.I.

Please reply.
    Hi Romeo,

First of all let me clarify that LOMA is not specific to any department / function in an organization. LOMA give an information about Life Insurance business which includes several aspects like - Concepts of Life Insurance, How does an Insurance Co operates, different functions, legal aspects, financial aspects (includes Financial Management with PV & FV of money), Sales, Marketing, HR, IT,Actuarial etc....and many more.

I think its all depend on opportunities in your organization or market per se. But taking LOMA will definitely help you stand firm in the market because its really valued specially in IT organizations having US, Canada or UK clients.

And remember LOMA is US/Canada specific and I.I.I is India specific. Yes, basic insurance remains the same but terms, legal aspects etc are different. Think you should take either LOMA or I.I.I coz it involves time & money. Off course if you are thinking of international opp then LOMA is really valued vis-a-vis I.I.I.

Hope i answers your question.

Regards,
    Master

PolicyWala NewBie

Default HI

Hi,
    You mentioned LOMA is US/Canada specific but is it valued in UK too????
    Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Hi Romeo,

First of all let me clarify that LOMA is not specific to any department / function in an organization. LOMA give an information about Life Insurance business which includes several aspects like - Concepts of Life Insurance, How does an Insurance Co operates, different functions, legal aspects, financial aspects (includes Financial Management with PV & FV of money), Sales, Marketing, HR, IT,Actuarial etc....and many more.

I think its all depend on opportunities in your organization or market per se. But taking LOMA will definitely help you stand firm in the market because its really valued specially in IT organizations having US, Canada or UK clients.

And remember LOMA is US/Canada specific and I.I.I is India specific. Yes, basic insurance remains the same but terms, legal aspects etc are different. Think you should take either LOMA or I.I.I coz it involves time & money. Off course if you are thinking of international opp then LOMA is really valued vis-a-vis I.I.I.

Hope i answers your question.

Regards,
    Master

Quote Originally Posted by crackjack View Post
    Hi,
    You mentioned LOMA is US/Canada specific but is it valued in UK too????
    LOMA headquarters is in USA. But it operates in more than 80 companies. If you are looking for UK specific certification than go for CII.

PolicyWala NewBie

Red face Hello, i pursuing Associates Exam (III) n wud like to go in IT field..

Quote Originally Posted by PolicyWala View Post
    LOMA headquarters is in USA. But it operates in more than 80 companies. If you are looking for UK specific certification than go for CII.
    Greetings!

I'm pursuning Associates (III-General Brach) and now I had like to chnage my job field from General Insurance to IT field. So how's it help me? Which type of course I have to go for?

Guide me. Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by sandhya View Post
    Greetings!

I'm pursuning Associates (III-General Brach) and now I had like to chnage my job field from General Insurance to IT field. So how's it help me? Which type of course I have to go for?

Guide me. Thanks a lot.
    FLMI means "Fellow, Life Management Institute"; As you have mentioned in the thread that you have already pursuing AIII in General Branch, I would suggest you to go ahead with CII certification.
    |Jargon Buster|Before you post, please read the FAQ and the sticky posts on the board you wish to use.|Blog|