Thread: Fully Comprehensive VS Third Party

Default Fully Comprehensive VS Third Party

Hi All,

I am looking to buy a second hand maruti car for this year.
    My question is to you guys -

Do I go fully comprehensive or third party or a 6 month policy (which I've found to be quite expensive). The difference between fully comprehensive and third party is around Rs.1000 but if there would damage to the car, I'd like to think that fully comp insurance would mean that I would get a small amount of money back rather than nothing in case of accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Feroze View Post
    Hi All,

I am looking to buy a second hand maruti car for this year.
    My question is to you guys -
    Do I go fully comprehensive or third party or a 6 month policy (which I've found to be quite expensive). The difference between fully comprehensive and third party is around Rs.1000 but if there would damage to the car, I'd like to think that fully comp insurance would mean that I would get a small amount of money back rather than nothing in case of accident.
    Feroze,

If you are a new driver and buying first time and would be mostly parking in public parking or in open go for comprehensive insurance. Because the premium diferrence is very small and peace of mind in BIG.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.

PolicyWala Expert Policy_expert's Avatar

Go for Full Comprehensive Cover.
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'