Thread: Cheating by Agent - Reliance General Insurance

Thumbs down Cheating by Agent - Reliance General Insurance

I have renewed my Maruti Swift Insurance from Reliance General Insurance on 11th Feb'2009 and paid the premium of Rs. 11, 000/-. I have received the cover note on 12th Feb'2009. Never during the entire process I was told that the discounted premium comes at a cost of voluntary deduction clause totaling to Rs. 7,500.

I have met with an accident on 30th June on NH24, New Delhi (till this time the policy is not delivered to me). I had called up the call centre for logging the claim. It was told me to go to a nearest Maruti Service station and than surveyor came and took the car snap and completed the other formality. In the afternoon I have received a call from Maruti Service station that you have to pay Rs. 7,500 as voluntary deduction and Rs. 500 as excess. When I have asked about the voluntary deduction. They have told me that you have opted for this in the Insurance policy.

Now I got all the info and tried to contact the agent but the mobile no provided on cover note but the no had not worked. I have called up the customer care no of Reliance Insurance and updated them the problem but they told me they can't help in this problem. Please visit the concern branch.

I don't know what to do. Please help.

First of all go to Reliance Insurance Office and give complain in writing mentioning all the details and name of the agent etc.
    But this as looks like is a fraud case so Insurance company do very little in it.But at least you can catch the fraud agent and stop him for doing it further with others.
    Everybody please try to understand nobody reduce premium from there pocket so be alert and try price comparision sites before buying any insurance product from agents. Sometimes they don't know what coverage they are reducing. Better safe than sorry!

As per the info posted by you, It looks like you have not read the cover note and fully relied on the agents words. Now it is very difficult for you to prove the discussion between you two on the inclusion of the voluntary deduction excess in the court.
    Its looks like its a fraud case against Agent. And the insurance company is not liable for any fraud by its agents.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.