Thread: Mediclaim for family

PW Regular

Default Mediclaim for family

I need family plan which cover the mediclaim for me and my dependents (wife, childern, parents - both above 60 years).

Please suggest.

Last edited by PolicyWala; 09-07-2009 at 03:17 PM.

Please use Price Comparison Sites like - Apnapaisa.com, policybazaar.com or insurancemall.in etc. and after finding top three insurance policy also check on there website for price and coverage. Also discuss with you investment agent before buying any product because you need to read the fine print.

Quote Originally Posted by Raj View Post
    I need family plan which cover the mediclaim for me and my dependents (wife, childern, parents - both above 60 years).

Please suggest.
    Go for medical-insurance with group insurance with your company i.e. employer providing the medical insurance to the employee.

If you buy individually just read the Term and Condition carefully and mention all the pre-existing disease etc of the insured .

Go for family floater policy. There are number of companies giving family floater policy. Premium will be charged depending depending upon your age (highest age of the family member) and family size (number of adults/children). Cover will be available from 1 lac to 5 lac.

For Parents - You can take separate mediclaim policy proposed and paid by you and you will also get IT exemption.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.