Thread: Cheated by Aviva Life Insurance company

PolicyWala NewBie

Exclamation Cheated by Aviva Life Insurance company

Hello.

I have invested money in Aviva life insurance company in 2006. At the time of investment they said that you can withdraw your money after 3 year. Now after paying my premium for 3 year, I want withdraw my money and company says that we will deduct 70% charges.

Can anybody suggest me how to fight?

You have not told about insurance policy which you have purchased. Then please tell about your insurance plan. Also First, you should contact your insurance agent or branch office, who has offered you this plan.

Quote Originally Posted by head View Post
    Hello.

I have invested money in Aviva life insurance company in 2006. At the time of investment they said that you can withdraw your money after 3 year. Now after paying my premium for 3 year, I want withdraw my money and company says that we will deduct 70% charges.
    Can anybody suggest me how to fight?
    As brifed by you, it seems it is a traditional policy, where only paid up value is paid. While explaining you, your agent must have explained you the ULIP plan and sold you a traditional product. Now as per IRDA rule a customer is been given a free look period. In this period customer needs to check his policy document and can return back the policy if he finds that the policy doesnt suits him.

But in your case even that period is lapsed. So its better that you continue with the policy and take the maturity benefit which will to some extend give you good profit.

But Blaming an insurance company for that, I dont think is proper (this is my personal view - ). This misconduct must have been done by your Insurance agent.

You can directly contact the senior branch officer and tell him about the issue you are facing, they will definitely take up the issue with the agent.
    In order to get a Loan, you first need to prove that you don't need it.