Thread: How to determine an appropriate cover amount?

PolicyWala NewBie

Default How to determine an appropriate cover amount?

Quote Originally Posted by best View Post
    I have taken personal health insurance cover for Rs.3,00,000/-. I have a very silly question that how do I determine that I am been covered for an appropriate cover?
    Good Question Best - Normally people buy some insurance and think that they have full insurance cover but they don't even add inflation figure in the insurance.

The number of factors that you need to take into account while determining an appropriate cover amount of your health policy is as follows:

Diseases: If you are suffering from a prolonged illness or a hereditary disease or a genetic disorder.
    Lifestyle: The kind of lifestyle you have, for example, sedentary.
    Financial status: The amount of money you can afford to pay as a health premium regularly.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.

PolicyWala Expert Policy_expert's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by best View Post
    I have taken personal health insurance cover for Rs.3,00,000/-. I have a very silly question that how do I determine that I am been covered for an appropriate cover?
    Here comes the need of Insurance Advisor. Go and discuss him on regular basis. But how to find the right man for the above job is very difficult.
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'