Thread: Cancellation of Travel Policy

PolicyWala NewBie

Default Cancellation of Travel Policy

PW Regular

Quote Originally Posted by suresh View Post
    In case I don't want the policy anymore, can I get it cancelled? If yes please tell me the procedure of the same.
    Cancellation of policy can come in two ways -
    Before Departure:
    You can get your policy cancelled only by giving a Request Letter* stating valid reason for the cancellation of trip and the cancellation charges towards administrative expenses would be deducted from the refundable premium which may vary from company to company.
    After Departure:
    You can get your policy cancelled only if you have not undertaken the journey and you produce your original passport as a proof that the journey has not been undertaken. Any such request of cancellation will be entertained up to to be filleds after the first date of insurance as indicated in the schedule of the policy and the cancellation charges towards administrative expenses would be deducted from the refundable premium which may vary from company to company.

Quote Originally Posted by suresh View Post
    In case I don't want the policy anymore, can I get it cancelled? If yes please tell me the procedure of the same.
    Always submit passport in original and photocopy of it for cancellation. A written application mentioning the reasons of cancellation is also necessary.