Thread: Claim for Sony Cybershot without bill

PolicyWala Member

Question Claim for Sony Cybershot without bill

hi

I have lost my Sony Cybershot and the insurance company is asking for a receipt. I don't have this as it was a gift and the person who gave me it dosen't have the receipt now. Will they still pay out for a gift.

thanks,
    Deep Blue

Do you have any photo of the camera or you have some document showing that you have owned it, It would help. Write to the insurance company explaining why you don't have a receipt they may settle but will probably value the Camera touch at the lowest price available.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
    hi

I have lost my Sony Cybershot and the insurance company is asking for a receipt. I don't have this as it was a gift and the person who gave me it dosen't have the receipt now. Will they still pay out for a gift.

thanks,
    Deep Blue
    I would be very surprised if they did not pay out in these circumstance. A Sony Camera is not that expensive to replace and having it as a gift is completely plausible.

What the insurance company are looking for is proof of ownership not proof of value as they will replace the item and are not concerned how much it originally cost.
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert

PolicyWala Member

Thumbs up

Thanks Expert and Confused for your quick reply.

PolicyWala NewBie

Quote Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
    hi

thanks,
    Deep Blue
    If the Camera is mentioned in the list provided by you to the insurance company at the time of proposal. Then the insurance company will pay. Otherwise chances are very less.