Thread: Worng Policy Issued & Premium Charged?

PolicyWala NewBie

Exclamation Worng Policy Issued & Premium Charged?

Hi All,

I have become new victim of telemarketing. I have received telecom from ICICI Pru Life - Tele caller. He told me that there is a Health plan for your Family & premium amount will be monthly basis Rs. 390.00 & 310.00. I have given him my credit card details. Later on they have deducted Rs 8550 & 6500 as premium for ICICI Lombard Health-24. When I have received the credit card statement, I have called the customer care no of ICICI Pru and updated him about the above issue. They had told me that the amount is for two year, if you want cancel the policy then we will deduct the amount 50 % of total amount.

Please help what should I do know.
    Raviz

PolicyWala Expert Policy_expert's Avatar

Raviz,

Normally you would receive confirmation call from ICICI Pru. And you have the 15 Days free look period. After that if you request for cancellation than you have to pay cancellation charges, which very from policy to policy. Please check policy wording of your policy.
    'When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others.'