My honda activa met with an accident with another vehicle.My scooter is 8 months old with comprehensive insurance.After informing the insurance company the surveyor from united insurance made an estimate of 26000 Rs.He asked for D/l , claim form , FIR(if any ). Since we both parties compromised and didn't filed any FIR But instead a DDR was prepared by the local police post in which it was mentioned that both parties came to mutual understanding and no one is blaming anyone, and no FIR has/or will be filed.

As per the demand i submitted DL , R.C , Claim form, story of accident and all that stuff.its been month now.My activa is ready and since its a cashless insurance i will only be required to pay the depreciation which i am happy to pay.But now the surveyor is asking me to write an affidavit stating that ' In case any further claim arise out of third party damage, i will compensate for the same.Insurance policy will not be responsible for that." My question is since i have already ' marked NA in the claim form under the section where it says ' ANY THIRD PARTY CLAIM' and also i have also submitted copy Of DDR ' which also serves as evidence that both parties have compromised without any legal action.

Why is the surveyor suddenly demanding for this affidavit. If this is the rule, I am happy to provide him the affidavit. But if he is doing just to harass me and intentionally delay the case and my payment then I want to know what should be my next step?