Last year I had a mediclaim cover if Rs. 200,000/- for myself (D.O.B.-20/08/1968) and my wife (D.O.B.-19/05/1972) and a cover of Rs.100,000 each for my son (D.O.B.-07/10/2003) and my daughter (D.O.B.-19/03/2009).

Of late mediclaim premium has become expensive and hence this year I would like to have a combination of a floater policy for my family and a top-up and a super top-up policies or Jeevan Arogya so that same cover can be maintained and the overall premium is also less.

Pls. suggest the best combination. If possible, pls suggest what should be the sum assured for base mediclaim and topup and supertopup policies. Pls. also suggest the best companies for topup and supertopup policies. I have heard that L & T supertopup policy is good.

Pls. also let me know the exact difference between a topup and a supertopup policy. Will supertopup policy also pay for first time hospitalization in a particular year if the deductible limit is crossed or is it that supertopup policy pays only for 2nd hospitalization.

Looking forward to a lot of responses and many thanks in advance for the same.

Regards
Dr. Veerendra Darakh