I have renewed my Maruti Swift Insurance from Reliance General Insurance on 11th Feb'2009 and paid the premium of Rs. 11, 000/-. I have received the cover note on 12th Feb'2009. Never during the entire process I was told that the discounted premium comes at a cost of voluntary deduction clause totaling to Rs. 7,500.

I have met with an accident on 30th June on NH24, New Delhi (till this time the policy is not delivered to me). I had called up the call centre for logging the claim. It was told me to go to a nearest Maruti Service station and than surveyor came and took the car snap and completed the other formality. In the afternoon I have received a call from Maruti Service station that you have to pay Rs. 7,500 as voluntary deduction and Rs. 500 as excess. When I have asked about the voluntary deduction. They have told me that you have opted for this in the Insurance policy.

Now I got all the info and tried to contact the agent but the mobile no provided on cover note but the no had not worked. I have called up the customer care no of Reliance Insurance and updated them the problem but they told me they can't help in this problem. Please visit the concern branch.

I don't know what to do. Please help.