Thread: Can I change my car insurance from third party to comprehensive insurance?

PolicyWala Newbie

Lightbulb Can I change my car insurance from third party to comprehensive insurance?

I had bought a second hand car and the same is insured as third party only insurance. Is it possible to change the car insurance from third party to comprehensive insurance?

PolicyWala Newbie

Ohh my God!!! The car insurance is expired also, would it create any problem in insuring again?
    What about the NCB?

Quote Originally Posted by Absar View Post
    I had bought a second hand car and the same is insured as third party only insurance. Is it possible to change the car insurance from third party to comprehensive insurance?
    Yes, you can. But some insurer ask for inspection of the vehicle if there is break in insurance or previously third party insurance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absar View Post
    Ohh my God!!! The car insurance is expired also, would it create any problem in insuring again?
    See answer to first query.
    What about the NCB?
    NCB will be applicable only for comprehensive insurance because your previous insurance is third party insurance, so not applicable for NCB claim.