Thread: Carry forward all the benefits of mediclaim policy?

PolicyWala Newbie

Question Carry forward all the benefits of mediclaim policy?

I have mediclaim policy with New India Insurance company for last four years. I have not taken any claim on this. I am looking to take Health Insurance from Pvt. Insurance Co. I have a query - If I change my insurer this time, would I carry forward all the benefits earned so far with my current mediclaim policy?

PolicyWala Fan

I know that it is not possible with ICICI Lombard, Others I don't know.
    Info on their website - Pre-existing diseases can be covered after 4 continuous years## of coverage with the Company
    Anything dropped on the floor will roll over to the most inaccessible corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugendhar View Post
    I have mediclaim policy with New India Insurance company for last four years. I have not taken any claim on this. I am looking to take Health Insurance from Pvt. Insurance Co. I have a query - If I change my insurer this time, would I carry forward all the benefits earned so far with my current mediclaim policy?
    Still we haven't reached at that age in insurance, where the insurance companies share there data among them self. So better be with the same company and enjoy.

If you switch your Mediclaim insurance, you will lose benefit of Bonus & pre-existing illness. Your waiting period for pre-existing would starts afresh.