Thread: LIC's Money Back Policy : whether this policy can be revived?

Default LIC's Money Back Policy : whether this policy can be revived?

I have taken Money Back Policy on 28/02/2010 through one of my distant relative, who is a LIC agent. Sum assured was 2 Lacs with a half yearly premium of Rs. 16304. On next premium due date i.e. in March 2011 I transferred the premium amount in my agents account as he told me that my policy is in grace period and he will take care of everything and will get premium paid. Later on the next premium, again I gave him a cheque for premium in Aug 2011. now after enrolling my policy on LIC's website, I found out that he (LIC agent) never paid a premium for my policy and my policy is showing status " LAPSED WITHOUT SURRENDER VALUE". It will complete two years on 28 Feb 2012 i.e. one and half year without premium

Please suggest me, whether this policy can be revived and what action I can take against that agent.

you can revive this policy by submiting DGH form and premium in the same branch

Check various options available -How to Revive Lapsed LIC Policy?

You can use Survival Benefit - cum- Revival Option, as your policy is Money back -
    Money back type policy can be revived by using the survival benefit, which falls due in it, in case of the survival benefit due date is earlier than the date of revival. If the revival amount is more than the survival benefit amount, the excess amount will be demanded. If the revival amount is less than the survival benefit amount. The remaining amount will be given back to the policyholder. The additional requirements for revival and survival benefit settlement are to be satisfied.
    Everyone has a scheme of getting rich.. Which never works.