Thread: Delayed Baggage Insurance claim - Am I eligible?

Question Delayed Baggage Insurance claim - Am I eligible?

I was travelling from Delhi to London on 30th January'2009. When I had reached London(UK). Have checked that one of my checked-in baggage was not arrived. After 25 hours, I have received my bag.

As I have taken Baggage Insurance with my travel insurance, I am entitled to claim for delayed baggage. When I reported this issue to the Customer Services of National Insurance Co., in Delhi. I did forward all the necessary docs to them except proof of emergency purchases (I have lost those invoices in between). The insurance company asked me to provide with proof of emergency purchases. I sent my reply that I have lost the invoices and
    unable to provide the same to them. Even now, After 2 months, I did not receive any response from National Insurance.

I have some queries on the same -
    1- Am I entitled to get any compensation?
    2- For the compensation to whom I should approach?
    3- Can I approach Consumer Court for their assistance?

Thank you,
    Nikhil

Quote Originally Posted by nikhil_singh View Post
    I was travelling from Delhi to London on 30th January'2009. When I had reached London(UK). Have checked that one of my checked-in baggage was not arrived. After 25 hours, I have received my bag.

As I have taken Baggage Insurance with my travel insurance, I am entitled to claim for delayed baggage. When I reported this issue to the Customer Services of National Insurance Co., in Delhi. I did forward all the necessary docs to them except proof of emergency purchases (I have lost those invoices in between). The insurance company asked me to provide with proof of emergency purchases. I sent my reply that I have lost the invoices and
    unable to provide the same to them. Even now, After 2 months, I did not receive any response from National Insurance.

Thank you,
    Nikhil
    1- You are eligible for compensation. But you need to submit the Original Bills/ invoices of emergency purchases. As you have mentioned above in the query that you have lost them during the travel, it would be very difficult for insurance company to assess the amount of liability.
    * SAFE
    Self Appointed Financial Expert

Quote Originally Posted by nikhil_singh View Post

Thank you,
    Nikhil
    1- Expert answer is good.
    2- You would contact insurance company claim office.
    3- If you have original bills (Q1) than if the insurance company is not paying you the claim amount, than ONLY go to consumer court.
    Rules/Guidelines at PolicyWala | Help Old People |
    I am speaking from experience and my own personal views above - I am not an advisor, nor an expert.

Nikhil,

Sorry! But you would not get any claim amount till you don't have original bill.
    This is the basic requirement.