When Duplicate KVP is issued?
If the Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) is lost, stolen, destroyed, mutilated or defaced, the rightful owner of such KVP may apply for the issue of a duplicate KVP to the Post Master of post office, where the certificate is registered or issued.
Things You Need
1. Filled Form-NC29 for the Issue of Duplicate KVP
2. Statement or Photocopy showing the details of KVP – such as number, amount and the date of KVP and the circumstance attending such loss, theft, destruction, mutilation or defacement.
3. Bond of Indemnity – In case of mutilated or defaced certificates, no indemnity bond is required. But for lost, stolen, destroyed, you also need to submit bond of indemnity. You also need to furnish an indemnity bond in the prescribed form with two sureties or with a bank guarantee is required.
A- Bond of Idemnity (Form NC-54(a))
This form is used for issuance of a duplicate KVP in lieu of lost, misplaced, spoiled or mutilated certificates.
B- Bond of Idemnity (Form NC-54(b))
This bond of indemnity is to be executed for the issue of a duplicate KVP in lieu of lost, misplaced, spoiled or mutilated certificates with a Bank guarantee.
C- Bond of Indemnity (Form NC-61)
This bond of indemnity is to be executed at the time of discharge of original certificates or Issue of duplicate certificate(s) in lieu of lost, misplaced, spoilt, destroyed, defaced or mutilated certificate (s), where original application for purchase is missing.
4. Identity slip (if any)
5. Copy of FIR – If the Certificate is lost, stolen, destroyed.
6. ID Proof – Driving Licence / Voter ID Card / Passport / Ration Card
7. Residence Proof – Driving Licence / Voter ID Card / Passport / Ration Card / Telephone Bill
8. Recent Passport Size Photograph
9. Identification Document of Surety – e.g. Valid Indian Passport, Indian Driving License, Salary Certificate of the Surety.
10. Payment Receipt of Fees for Issue of Duplicate Certificates
If the Post Master of post office of registration is satisfied of the loss, theft, destruction, mutilation or defacement of the certificate, he shall issue a duplicate certificate on the application.
Things you should Know
A duplicate KVP shall be treated as equivalent to the original certificate for all the purposes of these rules except that it shall not be encashable at a post office other than the post office at which such certificate is registered without previous verification.
You could also apply (Form-C) or change/cancel(Form-D) nominations of KVP.