Telecom services provider Telenor is offering free life insurance cover with every rechange for its customers in partnership with Shriram Life Insurance.
How much Life Insurance Cover provided?
The Telenor is giving 100 times insurance cover of the previous monthly recharge value and up to a maximum of Rs 50,000. The premium costs will be borne by Telenor, Shriram Life Insurance will underwrite the risk and settle the claims. This means if you had recharged Rs 100 in the August (previous) month the current insurance cover would be of Rs 10,000.
How to Get Free Telenor Life Insurance?
Please note that it is not automatic cover, each customer has to opt for this scheme, when they top-up. To start life insurance coverage you can opt-in by:
1. Calling Telenor customer call center
2. Dialing the self help menu *121# from Telenor mobile
3. By approaching any Telenor stores
The cover will start when you contact Telenor and customer don’t need to fill any form or give any document to Telenor.
How to Claim under Telenor Life Insurance?
In the unfortunate incident of death of a customer, the claim will be processed by submitting relevant documents
1. Death certificate of the customer
2. Nominee id proof
3. The Customer SIM card
These documents to be submitted to any Telenor stores and settlement will be done within seven days of submission of relevant documents.
Things to take care
1. The cover stays as long as one recharges.
2. The validity of the cover is for one year, but will get extended if the customer prefers — he will have to buy additional talk-time by recharging every month.