Wanted to reduce your health insurance premium, you can do that by buying (or porting your existing policy to) these health insurance plans:
- Apollo Munich’s Easy Health Individual Plan offers 5% discount for covering 2 members and 10% discount for 3 or more members. Please note that if more than 3 members are covered, the discount rate will not increase to 15% but will remain fixed at 10%.
- Bajaj Allianz’s Health Guard Policy offers 10% family discount.
- Cigna TTK’s ProHealth range health insurance products offers 10% discount for enrolling more than 2 family members.
- HDFC Ergo’s Health Suraksha – Silver policy offers 10% family discount if more than one person is covered under its.
- Reliance HealthGain Policy offers 5% discount for 2-3 family members & 10% discount for 4 or more family members, under the same individual insurance policy. Please note that this discount is only applicable with individual insurance policy. There is no Family discount in floater insurance policy.
- Tata AIG’ Mediraksha Health insurance plan offers 10% family discount.
Two year or More Policy Tenure Discount
- Apollo Munich’s Optima Restore Plan offers 7.5% discount for paying the premium of 2 years at once.
- Cigna TTK’s ProHealth range health insurance products offers 7.5% and 10% discount for opting 2 and 3 years respectively as policy term.
- ICICI Lombard’s Complete Health Insurance Plan offers 10% discount on 2 year policy term.
- Max Bupa’s Heartbeat offers 7% discount on 2 years policy term.
- Max Bupa’s Health Companion Family First offers 12.5% discount on the second year’s premium for a two year policy.
- Religare’s Health Insurance offers 7.5% discount on 2 year policy term and 10% discount on 3 year policy term.
No Claim Bonus / Discount – For every claim free year
- Bajaj Allianz’s Health Guard Individual Policy offers a cumulative No Claim Bonus rate of 10% which is up to a maximum of 50%. So, the Sum Assured after every claim-free year will increase by 10% till it reaches 150% of the original value after which no increment will occur.
- Cigna TTK’s ProHealth Insurance Protect offers a 25% every year ( up to a maximum accumulation of 100%).
- ICICI Lombard’s Complete Health Insurance Plan 10% for One year Policy, 20 % for 2 Year policy ( up to a maximum accumulation of 50%).
- Max Bupa’s Health Companion plan offers no claim bonus which is a 20% addition to the sum insured, up to a maximum of 100% of base sum insured for a claim free years.
- Religare’s Care Super offers no claim bonus as high as 150% of the sum insured for specified claim free years.
- Star Health offers no claim bonus of 5% for every claim free year, up to max 25%.
Free Health Check-ups
- Cigna TTK’s ProHealth Insurance Protect offers free health check-up after a block of 3 years.
- L&T’s my health Medisure Prime Plan offers health check-up every alternate years.
- Religare’s Care Health Plan offers health check-ups every year.
- Star Health’s Health Plan offers a free health check-up after a block of 3-4 years depending on the opted plan.
Online buying Policy Discount
- Oriental Insurance’s Happy Family Floater Plan offers a discount of 5% on premium, if the Policy is purchased On-line and no Intermediary is involved. This discount is also applicable in case of On-line renewal of Policies, where no Intermediary was involved at any stage- either on the first purchase or in any subsequent renewal thereof.
- Star Health offer discounts up to 12.5% for some health plans if purchased online.
Oriental Insurance’s Health of Privileged Elders (HOPE) Plan offers discount for opting for voluntary co-payment.
No TPA Discount
Oriental Insurance’s Happy Family Floater Plan offers a discount of 5.5% in premium if TPA services not opted for (Please note that there is no discount on PA premium).
- New India’s Asha Kiran Health Insurance Policy offers reduced (by 50%) premium for girl child.
- Reliance’s HealthGain Policy offers a special discount of 5% for female proposer, where she – Widow covering self/children or Individual covering self (provided – she is unmarried / widow / divorced)
Girl child Discount*
Reliance’s HealthGain Policy offers a special discount of 5% for policy premium which covers a girl child under floater insurance policy.
*Please note that either of discounts (Single Woman or Girl Child) shall be applicable but not both.
- Cigna TTK Health Insurance offers access to additional special discounts and offers on various products and services (E.g. On selective Diagnostics & Health Checks, Hospitals etc.)
- ICICI Lombard’s Complete Health Insurance Plan offers access to additional special discounts (E.g. On selective Diagnostics & Health Checks, Hospitals etc.)